Hello world! Please change me in Site Preferences -> This Category/Section -> Lower Description Bar
EACH YEAR THE REACHING OUT LGBT MBA CONFERENCE HOSTS A VARIETY OF COMPETITIONS FOR LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER & ALLY BUSINESS STUDENTS TO SHOWCASE THEIR BUSINESS ACUMEN AND COMPETE FOR CASH SCHOLARSHIPS.
Registration Deadline: September 15, 2016*
Case Materials Distributed: September 19, 2016
Presentation Materials Due: October 3, 2016
Competition & Finals Date: October 8, 2016
*or when all 25 team spots fill up, whichever comes first.
1st Place Award: $5,000
2nd Place Award: $2,500
3rd Place Award: $1,000
The ROMBA Case Competition offers MBA & graduate students an exciting opportunity to formulate strategic recommendations to a given problem and win up to $5,000 in the process. Participants will also have a chance to present and discuss their ideas with a panel of judges from leading consulting firms, and interact with them more informally during a private reception. Many participants of years past have successfully pursued strategy consulting positions afterwards, aided by the feedback they received and connections they made during the Case Competition.
- All participants must be currently enrolled students in an MBA or graduate program at the time of competition
- All participants must be registered LGBT or active ally MBA or graduate student attendees of the 2016 ROMBA Conference
- Teams must consist of 2 or 3 persons
- Teammates do not have to attend the same university or MBA program
- All registered teams will present in a preliminary round; the top 4 scoring teams will advance to a final round and present to a larger group of judges.
- No prior consulting experience is necessary
- All registered teams will receive the case question and materials electronically on or by September 19, 2016 and will have until October 3, 2016 to submit their presentation.
- Students may register as unattached individuals or as a complete 2-3 person team. Unattached individuals will be grouped by the organizer, notified, and will only be confirmed when placed into teams with which they will compete in the competition.
- All teams must be registered by September 15, 2016 (or whenever all team slots have been filled)
Startup Pitch Competition
Application Deadline: September 15, 2016
Finalist Notification: September 23, 2016
Finalist Pitch Date: October 8, 2016
Reaching Out MBA is excited to work with our partners at StartOut for the 6th annual ROMBA Startup Pitch Competition. Now in its sixth year, the contest offers $5,000 scholarship to the team with the most promising new venture idea, as judged by a panel of leading investors and entrepreneurs. To learn about success stories from previous years’ events, please click here.
Eligibility: At least one member of the pitch must be registered to attend the ROMBA Conference as a current or professional/alumnus LGBTQ MBA or related graduate student.
Please note that you are required to submit a 5-10 slide pitch deck with you application. For guidance on the contents of a successful pitch deck, review these guides from from Sequoia Capital and Polaris Venture Partners. To be eligible, applicants must have registered for the 2016 ROMBA Conference and be available to present their idea at the event, if chosen as a finalist, on October 8, 2016.
Mergers & Acquisitions Competition (Sponsored by Credit Suisse)
Registration Deadline: September 15, 2016
Case Distributed Around: September 1, 2016
Presentations Due: September 23, 2016
Finalist Notified: October 1, 2016
Competition Finals: October 8, 2016
The M&A Case Competition provides MBA student teams with the opportunity to experience the role of investment bankers in a mergers & acquisition scenario. Teams will demonstrate their financial and strategic analysis skills before a prestigious panel of judges hailing from investment banks. Join us for the final showdown of teams as they showcase their analysis of the case.
Students can enter the competition individually or with a team of up to 3 other MBAs or advanced degree students.
Eligibility: All entrants must be current LGBT MBA or graduate students
For the 4th year in a row, UCLA Anderson top the top prize ($5,000) at the ROMBA LGBT Consulting Case Competition. The team competed against over 30 other teams and won over judges coming from Bain, The Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey, Deloitte, Accenture, AT Kearney, and Slalom Consulting.
Chris Lee and Bradley Powell from Chicago Booth took the top prize ($2,500) at the first ever ROMBA LGBT Valuation Competition. Chris and Bradley competed against 10 other teams including semi-finalists from Stanford and USC Marshall and won over judges from Morgan Stanley & Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Columbia Business School's Frank Glaser took top prize at the 4th annual ROMBA LGBT Startup Pitch Competition for his startup Angulus. Frank competed against over 15 other LGBT MBA entrepreneurial teams and won over a panel of judges made up of LGBT venture capitalists and entrepreneurs from our partners at Startout.