Hello world! Please change me in Site Preferences -> This Category/Section -> Lower Description Bar
EACH YEAR THE REACHING OUT LGBT MBA CONFERENCE HOSTS A VARIETY OF COMPETITIONS FOR LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER & ALLY BUSINESS STUDENTS TO SHOWCASE THEIR BUSINESS ACUMEN AND COMPETE FOR CASH SCHOLARSHIPS.
Case Competition (Sponsored by Liberty Mutual)
Registration Deadline: September 15, 2017*
Case Materials Distributed: September 20, 2017
Presentation Materials Due: October 11, 2017
Competition & Finals Date: October 14, 2017
*or when all 25 team spots fill up, whichever comes first. All member of the team must be officially registered (e.g. with a student access code) to attend the ROMBA Conference.
1st Place Award: $5,000
2nd Place Award: $2,500
3rd Place Award: $1,000
The ROMBA Case Competition (sponsored by Liberty Mutual) offers LGBTQ MBA & graduate students an exciting opportunity to formulate strategic recommendations to a given problem and win up to $5,000 in the process. Participants will also have a chance to present and discuss their ideas with a panel of judges from leading consulting firms & corporate strategy offices, and interact with them more informally during a private breakfast. Many participants of years past have successfully pursued strategy consulting positions afterwards, aided by the feedback they received and connections they made during the Case Competition.
- All participants must be currently enrolled students in an MBA or other graduate program at the time of competition
- All participants must be registered LGBTQ or active ally MBA or graduate student attendees of the 2017 ROMBA Conference
- Teams must consist of 2-4 persons
- Teammates do not have to attend the same university or MBA program
- All registered teams will present in a preliminary round; the top 4 scoring teams will advance to a final round and present to a larger group of judges.
- No prior consulting experience is necessary
- All registered teams will receive the case question and materials electronically on or by September 20, 2017 and will have until October 6, 2017 to submit their presentation.
- Students may register as unattached individuals or as a complete 2-3 person team. Unattached individuals will be grouped by the organizer, notified, and will only be confirmed when placed into teams with which they will compete in the competition.
- All teams must be registered by September 15, 2017 (or whenever all 25 available team slots have been filled).
Startup Pitch Competition
Application Deadline: September 20, 2017
Finalist Notification: September 29, 2017
Finalist Pitch Date: October 14, 2017
Reaching Out MBA is excited to work with our partners at StartOut for the 7th annual ROMBA Startup Pitch Competition. Now in its seventh year, the contest offers $5,000 scholarship to the team with the most promising new venture idea, as judged by a panel of leading investors and entrepreneurs. To learn about success stories from previous years’ events, please click here.
Eligibility: At least one member of the pitch must be registered to attend the ROMBA Conference as a current or professional/alumnus LGBTQ MBA or related graduate student. This competition is open to LGBTQ MBA/graduate alumni!
Please note that you are required to submit a 5-10 slide pitch deck with you application. For guidance on the contents of a successful pitch deck, review these guides from from Sequoia Capital and Polaris Venture Partners. To be eligible, applicants must have registered for the 2016 ROMBA Conference and be available to present their idea at the event, if chosen as a finalist, on October 8, 2016.
Mergers & Acquisitions Competition (Sponsored by Credit Suisse)
Registration Deadline: September 17, 2017
Case Distributed Around: September 1, 2017
Option for Feedback from Credit Suisse: September 25-29, 2017
Presentations Due: September 30, 2017
Finalist Notified: October 7, 2017
Competition Finals: October 14, 2017
The M&A Case Competition (sponsored by Credit Suisse) provides MBA student teams with the opportunity to experience the role of investment bankers in a mergers & acquisition scenario. Teams will demonstrate their financial and strategic analysis skills before a prestigious panel of judges hailing from investment banks. Join us for the final showdown of teams as they showcase their analysis of the case.
Students can enter the competition individually or with a team of up to 4 other MBAs or advanced degree students.
Eligibility: All entrants must be current LGBTQ MBA or graduate students. All member of the team must be officially registered (e.g. with a student access code) to attend the ROMBA Conference.