Hello world! Please change me in Site Preferences -> This Category/Section -> Lower Description Bar
THE REACHING OUT LGBT MBA CONFERENCE, THE PREMIER VENUE FOR THE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OF LGBT BUSINESS STUDENTS, CONTINUES TO DEVELOP AN EXPANDED LINEUP OF ENTREPRENEURIAL PROGRAMMING BOTH AT THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE AND BEYOND.
Entrepreneurship is an ever-growing interest for LGBTQ MBAs and LGBTQ students.
The 2014 Annual Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference includes a full schedule of learning sessions, networking mixers and mentorship opportunities for aspiring entrepreneurs. Students attending the conference will have the opportunity to learn from, and engage on a personal level, leading LGBT entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and like-minded peers from across the nation.
Reaching Out is thrilled to continue its partnership with StartOut, the nation’s leading organization dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship within the LGBT community, to produce much of this content for our LGBTQ students.
• Tech Trek (Thurs, Oct 2nd): Our tech trek will visit a mix of startups, emerging companies and large companies to get a taste of what the technology industry in San Francisco offers LGBT MBAs.
• Innovation & Entrepreneurship Interactive Session (Fri, Oct 3rd): In this session students will have the opportunity to hear real-life stories from professionals both in corporate innovation and entrepreneurship
• Entrepreneur Mentorship (Fri, Oct 3rd): Students with “pitch ready” new venture ideas will be paired with mentors who will help them construct a tangible roadmap of next-steps and tackle pressing issues. Participants will not only walk away with a clearer vision for their venture, but also solid business contacts for the future. Ideally, the mentor-mentee relationship will continue beyond the duration of the conference.
• Entrepreneur Networking Reception (Fri, Oct 3rd): Following a day of meetings, ideation, and startup development this is your opportunity to get together with fellow peer entrepreneurs and LGBT startup professionals in a more relaxed setting.
• *Startup Pitch Competition (Sat, Oct 4th): Students with “pitch ready” new venture ideas will present to a panel of serial entrepreneurs and leading investors. The most promising idea will earn up to $5,000 in cash prizes. All participants must be registered and at least one member of your team must be a current MBA. You can register for the competition here (*At least one person from your company must be registered for the LGBT MBA Conference as a student)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you are interested in participating as a mentor or speaker at the Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference or other Reaching Out MBA events.
"The ROMBA pitch competition posed an opportunity to get feedback from a predominantly non-healthcare audience. Each and every pitch sharpens the sales skills. The chance to win a cash prize for Angulus also didn’t hurt! In the process of the competition, I also made some valuable connections with investors and fellow entrepreneurs." Read More.