- Babson University, F.W. Olin School of Business
- Boston University School of Management
- Carnegie Mellon, Tepper School of Business
- Columbia Business School
- Cornell University, Johnson School of Management
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business
- Emory University, Goizueta Business School
- Georgetown, McDonough School of Business
- George Washington University, School of Business
- Harvard Business School
- HEC Paris
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- London Business School
- McGill, Desautels Faculty of Management
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- New York University Stern School of Business
- Northwestern, Kellogg School of Management (Full-time & PT)
- Ohio State, Max M. Fisher College of Business
- Purdue University, Krannert School of Management
- Rice University, Jones School of Business
- Stanford Business School
- Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
- UC Berkeley Haas School of Business
- UCLA Anderson School of Management
- UC San Diego, Rady School of Management
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
- University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
- University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business
- University of Massachusetts, Isenberg School of Management
- University of Michigan, Ross School of Business
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management
- University of Rochester, Simon School of Business
- University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business
- University of South Carolina, Moore School of Business
- University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business
- University of Toronto, Rotman School of Business
- University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
- University of Washington, Foster School of Business
- Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Management
- Washington University in St. Louis, Olin School of Business
- Wharton School of Business
- Wisconsin School of Business
- Yale School of Management
Hello world! Please change me in Site Preferences -> This Category/Section -> Lower Description Bar
Affiliates of ROMBA is a free club membership program for LGBTQ MBA on-campus clubs.
This program was requested by the LGBTQ club leaders. Our goal with LGBT Club Affiliates of ROMBA is to better serve LGBTQ-focused programming, better connect LGBTQ MBA club leaders, and better promote lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer clubs to prospective MBAs.
Through the Affiliate of ROMBA program, LGBTQ clubs & their members have easier registration access for the annual ROMBA Conference, are able to join monthly club calls, attend the annual LGBT MBA Club Leadership Summit, take part in the annual Friendfactor Challenge (where the winning club wins $5,000) and be on the LGBTQ MBA club listserv. Simply put it simply creates stronger connections between clubs, Reaching Out and the LGBT MBA community.
LGBTQ MBA clubs can join now simply by (1) sending an e-mail stating your club's interest and (2) including your 2016-2017 club leaders’ names and contacts.
"Affiliates of ROMBA" is a free membership program for LGBT MBA school clubs designed to give LGBT MBA students access to LGBT MBA content, including the Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference, better connect LGBT MBA club leaders on a continual basis, and promote LGBT clubs to prospective MBAs.
Q: Why did Reaching Out MBA create this program?
Reaching Out MBA created this program to better communicate with LGBT MBA organizations on a regular basis, ensure continuity of club relationships as students transition from year-to-year, and better connect prospective lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender MBA applicants to school clubs.
Affiliates of ROMBA will also serve as a key element of how we will continue to bring you strongly-focused LGBT programming, both at the annual LGBT MBA Conference and at new regional events throughout the academic year.
Q: What clubs can become affiliate of ROMBA?
Affiliates of ROMBA is open to on-campus LGBT clubs at graduate business schools.
Q: What are the benefits of being part of Affiliates of ROMBA?
As a member of Affiliates of ROMBA, your school club and its members will receive numerous benefits at no cost, including the ability to:
•Register for the Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference with easy-access, using a school code rather than submitting an application
•Partner with Reaching Out MBA to bring speakers, panels or other content to your campus
•Represent your school at no-cost at the LGBT Pre-MBA Expo at the Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference; this includes a free booth and one free admission (that can be used by a student or admissions staff member)
•2 free registrations to the ROMBA School Leadership Summit
•List your school club, logo and description on the Reaching Out MBA school club webpage, referenced annually by hundreds of prospective MBAs
•Access the Reaching Out LGBT club leader email exchange
•Publicize your school club, its members and activities to prospective MBAs and other students through Reaching Out MBA's media channels, including video profiles of club leaders (see examples here)
•Receive priority information about how your club can be one of the organizing members of the Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference or ROMBA School Leadership Summit
Q: Will this impact registration for the ROMBA Conference?
Any LGBT MBA club that participates in Affiliates of ROMBA will receive a unique registration code that its club leadership should give to its members so they can register for the Reaching Out LGBT MBA Conference. If for whatever reason a school's club is not a member of Affiliates of ROMBA they will be asked to submit a short application in order to register for the conference.
In the event that a student at a school that participates in Affiliates at ROMBA does not know who his/her LGBT club leader is, Reaching Out MBA will connect the inquiring student to his/her club leaders. Our hope is that this allows you to get to know your own LGBT student communities even more than you already do!
Q: Are straight allies still allowed to attend Reaching Out MBA events?
Reaching Out MBA has and will always continue to recognize the important role of active allies to the LGBT community. We welcome allies who are active members of any club participating in Affiliates of ROMBA to attend our events with the hope that these individuals help us continue to advocate for the LGBT community.
Q: What does it cost or what does my club have to do?
That's the best part! There is no cost to any club to be an Affiliate of ROMBA. However, we do ask the club leadership of any group that is an Affiliate of ROMBA to:
•Update us with your club leadership's names and contact information (very important so we can refer students to you to get your club's registration for events)
•Make sure all your club members receive access to registration codes and know about upcoming events
•Let us know how we can help promote you and your club!
Q: Do we have to brand ourselves as ROMBA? Does this make us a chapter of ROMBA?
There is no need to rebrand your organization! Affiliates of ROMBA are not official chapters of ROMBA, you will only be an affiliate/partner organization to ROMBA.
Q: If a student is not a member of a participating club or his/her school does not have an LGBT club, can he/she still attend ROMBA events?
Yes! You will still be able to register for the ROMBA Conference and other events. We will simply ask that you complete a brief application and upon approval, you will receive access to registration.