- Student applies to business school participating in the Reaching Out LGBT MBA Fellowship Program
- Student receives offer of admission at school(s) and Fellowship offer directly from the school
- Student selects school of choice
- Upon student's confirmation school notifies Reaching Out of its selection
Hello world! Please change me in Site Preferences -> This Category/Section -> Lower Description Bar
The Reaching Out LGBT MBA Fellowship was created as a joint effort between top business school programs and Reaching Out to demonstrate that business schools are the top destination to develope the out LGBT and active ally business leaders of tomorrow.
The LGBT MBA Fellowship recipients each receive a minimum of $10,000 scholarship per academic year or $20,000 total scholarship, and also receive access to exclusive mentorship and leadership development programming through Reaching Out.
Join us and admissions officers and students from these schools and more at the LGBT MBA Admissions Summit alongside the ROMBA Conference in Chicago on Oct 10th.
- Many MBA Programs allow students to self-identify as LGBTQ
- Demonstrate LGBTQ leadership roles on your resume
- Express interest in business schools' on-campus LGBT Clubs (we can help connect you)
- Share your LGBTQ leadership experiences in your application essays
Each participating school is responsible for identifying and selecting its Reaching Out LGBT Fellows, so there is no general application for the Fellowship.
However please leverage Reaching Out to connect you with schools' appropriate admissions contacts and LGBT on-campus clubs so you can express your interest in the being part of the Fellowship.
- Serve as an ambassador to the LGBT community at large
- Help admissions identify future candidates for the Fellowship
- Take an active role on campus with LGBT initiatives
- To the extent you are interested be a leader by leading a Reaching Out event, such as the ROMBA Conference
Learn more about the LGBT MBA Fellowship
To learn more about the Fellowship, get connected to on-campus clubs or admissions offices, please email us
2015 Advocate "Here's How to Break the Pink Ceiling"
Yet the LGBT MBA Fellowship is more than another diversity inclusion program. I’m a big believer that inclusion is a lot like having a seat at the table — just because you have a seat doesn’t mean anyone wants to hear you talk. If policy, inclusion, and legal protections worked fully, we would have moved beyond gender and race struggles decades ago. Equality is about power and influence.
2015 Poets & Quants "Reaching Out Grants 22 Fellowships"
A first-of-its-kind fellowship, 22 incoming MBA students will receive full-tuition scholarships, mentorship, and other leadership components throughout their time two years. The fellowship is set up so students first have to get accepted to a school and then the school makes the decision on whom to award the fellowship. + Read More