The Home Depot is sponsoring 5 second-year MBA students to attend the 2015 Reaching Out LGBT MBA & Business Graduate Conference, Oct 8-10 in Chicago.
The selected students will receive an full conference registrations, $250 travel reimbursement plus access to the Saturday Charity Party. For more information about the ROMBA Conference please visit http://www.reachingoutmba.org
Program Rules and Procedures
· Applicants for this student scholarship must be enrolled full-time in an accredited business school program in the U.S. or Canada at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled college/university students who are in the second year of a full-time MBA or related graduate degree. Applicants must be able to attend the conference in Chicago and must be able to be physically present at the convention in its entirety from Oct 8-10.
· Deadline for submission/application: Wednesday, Sept 9th, 2015 midnight, 11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time
· Who is eligible? Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender students who are in entering their second year of a fulltime MBA or related graduate degree in full-time program at an accredited business school in the U.S. or Canada at the time of application and award.
· To submit your interest, please send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
1. Full name
2. City, State and Country you are currently located in
3. Contact information: email and phone
4. Name of business school that you are enrolled as a full-time student.
5. Anticipated graduation month/year.
6. State your status as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT)
7. Confirm that if selected, you can attend the ROMBA Conference in full from Oct 8-10 (in your email, simply state a “YES” beside this statement)
8. Confirm that if selected and notified by Reaching Out, you can and will respond within 48 hours to indicate if you will accept this scholarship
9. Write and submit (or include in the body of the e-mail) a brief essay (max 300 words) in response to this question:
What have you done to demonstrate that you are BOLD, a DREAMER, an INNOVATOR and a PROBLEM SOLVER? Note that The Home Depot website www.careers.homedepot.com/next speaks to these as qualities they are seeking in employment candidates.
· When the selected students are notified (on or before September 14, 2015) the student must respond within 48 hours to acknowledge their acceptance of the scholarship, and provide evidence that travel arrangements have been made to attend the convention. Otherwise, the scholarship may be reassigned to another student who can attend.
· E-mail your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 9, 2015 (11:59 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time). Selected students will be notified no later than September 8th.